Monday, August 8, 2016

The Fox News Channel

I've been meaning to write about this for quite awhile. I don't know if anyone else has noticed, who watches the FNC on a regular basis, but boy has their Fox N Friends morning show gotten more and more like The Today Show and the other MSM morning talk venues.

With the above being said, nothing wrong with segments about how to make the best bbq chicken, entertain your kids or model the latest new women's fashion every now and again. We could certainly use the break from all the hard news that shouts at us daily.

But I think they're now going overboard and there's too much of the above.

In other words, there seems to be more fluff and less hard news stories.

On the other hand, maybe I'm too serious, too much of a news junkie and should lighten up.

However, it just seems to me that there's enough superficial shows on tv as it is, why should FNC play that game on their morning talk show?

In addition, I've noticed that they have been having more and more Democrat leaning guests, journalists from the MSM and Democratic politicians on their opinion shows. They also recently were able to secure a Hillary Clinton interview which I was quite surprised about.

I understand what a coup that was. And I applaud them for having her on.

What I'm questioning and noticing is that FNC seems that is becoming more mainstream, more like the other cable news networks and in an ever so subtle way, becoming more to the center rather than the conservative news station I rely on.

Don't we have enough of left leaning television channels? Do we need another one?

Or maybe the reason more middle of the road and Democrats/Liberals are coming on FNC is because they realize in order to reach more of an audience, they need to make an appearance even though they detest the station.

I heard somewhere and I can't confirm where exactly,  that FNC's majority audience identify themselves as either Independent or Democratic. Something like 56% or thereabout! I was stunned when I heard this. I thought surely the majority of viewers were republican and/or conservatives.

Maybe that's why I'm seeing this subtle shift away from conservatism and towards middle of the road and more left leaning guests, etc. Or maybe that's why more left leaning/Democrats are watching because there's more of their kind on FNC. Hmmmmm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home