Thursday, November 3, 2016

Local Health Care Professionals Weigh In On ObamaCare & The Presidential Race

This week has been filled with routine medical visits ie dentist appointment, check ups, etc. Consequently, I've had some very interesting conversations in regard to ObamaCare and the presidential race. Seems everywhere I go, politics begets a discussion. And it's never me who brings up the topic!

Here's the scoop and my first experience with the above.

While sitting in the chair with my wonderful dentist installing a small filling and the assistant helping out, my dentist started talking politics. Keep in mind, he/we have NEVER chatted about politics before. Or should I say, he never has,  since I'm usually having my teeth worked on and cannot really converse! So it's usually a monologue of some sort or a conversation between he and the assistant. And sometimes, we all play a version of 'name that tune' as soft rock plays in the background. I have to say, my dentist knows his 60s & 70s classic rock.

But I digress.

I don't know if he was able to see my car with its "Make America Great Again" hat situated on my dashboard, so felt safe to talk or somehow decided he didn't care which way I leaned, he was going to talk about how detrimental Hillary would be to the nation should she win the presidency. He then went on to mention the Clinton Foundation scandal, the deletion of over 30,000 emails, the Weiner and Huma issue and on and on.

Of course, I couldn't really respond since he's occupying my mouth with all kinds of instruments. But I listened and when I could, nodded or mumbled as best I could with a word or two in response.

While this was going on,  the assistant would pipe in now and again with the same kind of talk ie Hillary's not fit to be president, etc. She also mentioned how she voted early for Trump.

Fast forward to the next day, where I had a routine medical check up in a large practice that is connected to a major hospital in the area. After meeting with the doctor of which we did not discuss politics at all, it was time to check out and make a payment. For some reason I started grumbling about how my health care insurance has quadrupled since 2010 while handing over my credit card.

Well.

That lit the check out receptionist's fire. She indicated how health care insurance has gotten out of control. Too high. How our state should open lines and let multiple insurance companies in to create competition and thus lower medical prices, etc.

Shortly after she finished her tirade, the co-pay transaction was finished and I was ready to leave. But she was not ready to let me go. Had more to say. So I stuck around, not wanting to be rude.

She then indicated that the only way to improve health care was to get rid of ObamaCare and the current crop of politician's in office. In addition she implied that Trump would be the guy to help induce change. The gal next to her, another check out receptionist, I guess overheard the conversation and chimed in that she agreed.

I gave the thumbs up showing I was on the same wave length and then said so.

Though the two stories above are strictly anecdotal, like I've said in a recent entry where I learned my hairdresser and her employees were pro-Trump and sick of current politics, I think these anecdotal experiences are also just the tip of the iceberg. That there are way more people who are totally disgusted with Washington as it is today and plan on voting Trump with hopes of massive change. And many of these people are women, whom Hillary and the Dems say despise Trump. Not so. The only people I know personally who like Hillary and think Trump is the devil incarnate are a few of my very liberal friends. That's it. And how they can stand by her, knowing all that's happening with her, Bill, the Foundation, etc. I'll never know.

Bottom line.

There are only 5 days left to pull the lever so to speak. 5 days for more info to come out about Hillary. 5 days for additional news drops from WikiLeaks. 5 days left for those of us who are waiting to vote till election day vs voting early.  5 days where Anything could happen to sway the race one way or the other.

At the end of the day, as a good friend put it last night, some will be very happy of the outcome and some will not. I'm hoping I'm in the happy category.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home