Sunday, October 16, 2016

Local Color

While at the hairdresser's yesterday, the subject of politics and the presidential race came up. My hairdresser and I often talk politics and are pretty much of the same political bent. BUT we usually discuss things quietly as she's afraid of possibly alienating other customers and also likes to keep politics out of the loop. Not this time.

Here's the scoop.

I walked into the busy shop. It was hustling and bustling with customers as usual, music was  playing in the background and everyone was chatting up a storm. In other words, it was a typical day like many others.

My hairdresser as well as a few of the other hairdresser's said hi as I walked in. No need to say who I was as it's a small, friendly shop where everybody knows your name.

My hairdresser then asked how I was doing.  I replied that I wasn't in the greatest of moods. My hairdresser said, I bet you're disgusted with the presidential race. I was surprised to say the least. Was she psychic or what?

Anyway, I said, to be honest, yes I am.

Well.

My hairdresser, along with the others said they felt exactly the same and the conversation took off from there. Or should I say the venting took off from there. Big time.

Each of these gals have been employed at the shop for quite awhile. They all work hard. Many days are spent standing on their feet for 10 to 12 hours, with only short breaks in between to gobble down a bite or two of lunch or a quick sip of coffee. Yet they are always pleasant, polite and helpful. They are a part of the backbone of America.

This was the first time I ever heard them talk with such passion but also a bit of anger.

All four are voting for Trump. All  acknowledged the Donald's flaws, potty talk, etc. But they didn't care. Thought it was insignificant when there are so many more important issues at hand ie the economy, taxes, regulations (my hairdresser knows all about this being a small business owner), immigration, terrorism, ObamaCare and on and on.

They went on to elaborate how they feel that American values are quickly slipping away. That politics has gotten so corrupt and negative. That we're going down the tubes.

They also talked about how they can't trust a good portion of the media anymore to tell the truth.

All of us sited frustration with the above.

All of us also found ourselves to be completely puzzled as to how anyone could vote for the Clinton's and the corruption they represent.

Though the above is all anecdotal, from a small group of WOMEN (whom are supposed to be outraged with Trump's locker room talk and thus NOT vote for him) and took place in a tiny town on the coast of Maine that does not have the political power and/or impact of say NYC or even Boston nearby.

However, as I've said before in other entries that we are a microcosm of a much larger portion of the country who are frustrated, exasperated and angry with the current political system led by President Obama, the Democrat party, Establishment Republicans and the MSM.

I know Mrs. Clinton,  along with most Dems think a lot of us belong in that basket of deplorables. That we are stupid and uneducated.

Bottom line.

Though I do get discouraged and often outraged with all the mud slinging, misrepresentation, spin, etc. coming from the left,  I do believe that a good portion of the population are flying under the radar and will vote for the Trumpster come November 8th. Not because we think he's the ideal candidate but because we are so angry and disgusted with the last 8 years of the Obama administration, the corruption of the Clinton's,  political correctness and the direction our country is taking. That we feel we have NO other choice. Not the most inspirational reason, but a legitimate one.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post!

October 18, 2016 at 5:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

make America great again!

October 18, 2016 at 5:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

In my neighborhood in New Jersey, I see numerous Trump/Pence signs on lawns, i have NEVER seen one for her. I am sick that the media is so far left.
What happened to being fair, report the truth, ethics...all political games the networks play.
Oh, Money you say??
I think you are correct.
Its CORUPTION at its finest !!

October 22, 2016 at 7:52 PM  
Blogger Candle in the Wind said...

Very well said Linda!

October 23, 2016 at 4:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home